伤心 eat one's heart out
感到伤心 feel sad
shed sad tears; weep in grief;
smart under an injustice;
She took on terribly when she heard the news.
It is really heartrending to see his own child sentenced.
1. "There you go again, upsetting the child!" said Shirley.
2. It really breaks my heart to see them this way.
3. All that money brought nothing but sadness and misery and tragedy.
4. Was your daddy heartbroken when they got a divorce?
5. I was grieved to hear of the suicide of James.
6. He had been deeply affected by the sudden death of his father-in-law.
7. He let out a long sigh, mainly of relief, partly of sadness.
8. We expressed in the clearest possible way our disappointment, hurt and anger.
9. Her comments can only be hurtful to Mrs Green's family.
10. Recent events had obviously been a heartbreak for him.
11. She burst into tears, stung by the harshness of his words.
12. Joan still mourns her father.
13. He was too distressed to talk.
14. Teresa was devastated, her dreams shattered.
15. On May 23rd, unhappily, the little boy died.
It grieves me to see him in such bad health.
They're still smarting from their defeat in the final.
How many people can simply let a grieving friend grieve?
Separation from his friends made him sad.
He was tearing his heart out because he could not join the competition.
She took her failure in the examination to heart.
Those who grieve to see their churches adopt this model have been marginalized.
I gazed for two whole hours at this sad spectacle.
Who would not grieve upon a gilded chair?